Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
I’m going to play with these tomorrow and see if pulling/pushing the button in the opposite direction reverses the fold. I’d like to know what to do in an emergency.
I just played around with mine. It did not care that I was sitting in the seat nor whether I had a seatbelt on (front operation of the second row seems to care about the latter) to begin the operation.

I was surprised to find that the second row reclines the seat back to the last position before sliding the seat back to that position. This is fine, but the recline did not care that my knees were in the way at all, it put quite a bit of pressure on them (I even pushed on it with my hands), it then only stopped after it started to slide the seat back into my kneees and decided to sense resistance.

As for the 3rd row operation from the second row buttons, putting the headrest back stops it, putting a decent amount of backward pressure on the seat stops it, reversing using the buttons stops it. So overall, it seems pretty safe, it might take a while before a smaller child in the way would cause enough pressure to stop the seat, but I dont think it would result in any major injury. I think the issue my 12 y/o daughter had was that the headrest went down and she started to sit up, so she never put any real backward pressure on the seat and it continued on it's way.
Appreciate 0