View Single Post
      10-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
akmchan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 528I

How is cargo space and how is it really measured?

Hi, I currently have F10 528. 2 kids age 8 and 6. For my next car I want more rear legroom b/c I am tall (6'4") and the person behind me always suffers. 3 wagon won't cut it b/c I don't like the rear legroom and I seen the 3GT in person and the rear legroom does look like more then my 5 series. But I do really like the trunk space in the 5.

My question is does anyone know how they measure the cargo volume in the trunk of the GT. I believe it says 520l so does that gets measured up from the bottom to the top of the roof line/rear hatch window in the rear or does it only get measured from the bottom to the top of the removeble lid in place. I really like the 3 GT so far but did not get an opportunity to see the rear trunk b/c the car at the dealership was still hoisted up a little bit.

Also, for those who have it how have you found the cargo room in the back. I really don't like the X3 or X5 so this is my only option. I wished they had 5 wagons in North America. But coming from 3 different 3 series I do find them way more fun to drive then the 5.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0