Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8566 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drv View Post
Went to the dealer this morning to get the CF diffuser installed. My car just broke through 700 miles. The SA was very pushy about getting the breaking service done. I told him that I was not going to get it done 500 miles early. Anyone else experienced a similar situation?
BMW is on a kick to reduce the number of service visits each year. I took my car in for an estimate on something and they offered to do an oil and filter change along with a brake fluid service. I told them I thought that was odd since the car was calling for service in about 2,000 miles. They said that their goal was to be customer friendly in saving me another trip to the dealer for service within the next few months.
Thank GOD. I hate how my cars have stuff like brake fluid swaps and state inspection added in them and more importantly they are scheduled in the computer separately from oil and brake changes.

I don't need to go to the dealer for a state inspection.

I asked my dealer to clear out all the conditioned based alerts on my M. When my pads are low based on actual sensors, I'll start getting worried about changing pads .. not just because it thinks I've been driving (too) hard.
Appreciate 0