Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyF87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinacus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyF87 View Post
What's the point of the 6k MPE for the M2C? All that's going to do is amplify the stock "different" sounding exhaust..

Just as thousands of F80/82 owners have already done; just suck it up and accept it for what it already sounds like..
It also gets rid of (or at least makes black) the eye sore that is that giant muffler. That along with the slight weight reduction, addition of the rear CF diffuser, and slightly better sound are all worth it for me. I actually don't mind the sound of the m2c US spec in sport+ (at least what i've heard in youtube vids) so this is more of an all around improvement than just me crying about the S55 exhaust note. I feel like this is a safer move than just painting the muffler black.
Oh yea, the M2C stock muffler does look hideous..

And I think I read only the end piece are titanium i.e. weight reduction..

Look, I am not bashing the concept, if it helps, I'm all for it but so far I don't see much value vs the asking price.. I'll reserve judgement until someone does an amateur review..

They are asking $6k just for the exhaust only, the tips appear to be a separate part number.. Yikes..
No, it's $6K with the tips and that's just MSRP. Many of us paid invoice or below invoice (around $4500) for the whole thing including the tips. Also, the sound difference it makes is pretty significant. Yes, it'll never sound as good as N55 but I was still quite happy with the MPE on my M4.

Appreciate 3