NRA Life Member, BMW CCA 30 year member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04' M3

Garage List
1971 2002  [0.00]
2004 M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
As the BMW dealer ship is between my house and work, I have been driving-by the place all week just to catch a glimpse of the 128 on the lot. Today, on the way to work, I noticed what appeared to be a black 1-Series, no way I thought, upon pulling in I discover a metallic black 135i, auto, premium, sport, leather, the works. Man, that car looks so much better in the flesh than in photos with black reducing the hideous door sag to an inconsequential minor annoyance. So, there I am, standing in the pouring rain, salivating. From the building runs Erik, he asks, "Wanna' drive it?" Funny guy. The fellas at the dealership are well aware of my unfettered, child-like enthusiasm for the car and have shown themselves to be very accommodating.

So, we hop in for a short blast below 4,500 RPM. In order to keep mileage down, the dealer is only letting folks go around the block. Hmmm. Car feels great 'in the hand', it wants to 'buck' as the throttle responds immediately while the incredible brakes instantaneously eliminate the previous arrest-me-now-officer insanely rapid acceleration. It took two hours to 'come down' from my all too brief first encounter with a 135i.

With the Phoenix Leader docking yesterday, the hot-rod is now less than two weeks away. The anticipation continues to be an exercise in sometimes subdued, sometimes breathless anxiety. :drinking:

Oh yeah, I'll be driving by the dealership on the way home. Again.

“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” – George Mason
Appreciate 0