11-17-2018, 12:26 AM   #17
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
My car did this for the first time today. Been running the JB4 for about 25k miles and never had the issue so caught me off guard.

Using bimmercode, I did some changes to the front module like folding mirrors, etc. just yesterday. Since I did that, I feel the car stutter a bit which i thought was odd. Today I put my AS wheels back on (put the factory ones on for a comparison at the strip) which is normally what I drive on without issue. However, coming out of Walmart, like I've done a million times before, I floored it after I started going straight and then the DT malfunction triggered for the first time and cut all power. Thankfully there was a turn lane right away and I coasted into it and parked. Quick off/on of the car and it cleared fine. Driving away I gave it a half throttle and felt a little stutter again and then went back to normal.

Like I mentioned, I've done this a hundred times with my AS tires and never had any issues. Only thing different now from before is it's 45 degrees out now and I did that coding. The image is the codes the jb4 read after this happened.

What normally happens if I start to slip, TC kicks in, icon flashes, and power is blipped, but then it hooks and goes again. Never any error codes.

The one code looks to translate to excessive acceleration from what a quick google search produced, but I've never had issues, even when I did an 1/8th mile in 7.76 seconds. What I'm assuming is the cause of this is excessive wheel acceleration/slippage that was beyond what TC is capable of correcting. As mentioned before, having colder weather here so the tires, although AS tires, are little firmer which means less grip.

What someone said during my research was boost limiting in 1st and 2nd gear and that fixed the issue for them. Personally I went with wider tires front and rear and never had the issue until today. Running 235/265 cont DWS06
Great info. Not sure why all of a sudden you would get it. I doubt it's a coding thing honestly. Sounds like we had the same issue and sounds like that code might be the same for me. I took off my JB4 for service and have yet to put it on which is why I haven't updated this yet.. I got a meth kit and decided to wire it up while it was off the car. Should be on within the week.

I always have Tc light in 1/2 and sometimes 3rd. I have 245 all around and I think that's a huge issue. I might need to go back to staggered and run 265 in the back. I live in Florida where it's always hot but still have traction issues even stock. This car definitely has a good amount of torque. It's really annoying because I rather lose traction and be able to just take my foot off some than the car just die on me. However I don't drive around with TC off because I rather have that extra safety in normal driving. I just sometimes do as you did and make those turns floored. Now that I'm stock I should actually try to see if it'll happen before putting on the JB4.
Appreciate 0