09-03-2020, 08:17 AM   #42
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy2001 View Post
So I am definitely a noobie when it comes to coding the car and all that involves. I’ve been reading on alot of what can be changed but I was curious to know if the traffic jam assist can be coded to work over the 40mph limit it has built in. Meaning can we can it to where you don’t have to keep touching the wheel every few seconds at say up to 75/80mph? I haven’t found any information on this. I have a 21 m50i due to get delivered to my dealer soon.
BMW takes a very conservative approach to autonomous driving and if it was possible, G05 forum members with coding experience would have surfaced it by now. I know that Cadillac offers Super Cruise and eventually other GM brands which works up to highway speeds.

Last year, BMW spokesman Oleg Satanovsky acknowledged that BMW’s approach to ETJA at speeds up to around 40 mph, “may be more conservative” but defended it as a safety measure and cautioned that the driver remains “always responsible for control of the vehicle” with ETJA. He declined to say whether the hardware is capable of higher speed thresholds through an over-the-air update.

Appreciate 0