View Single Post
      12-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
The M3 they had there too just looked bland next to the M2, if that's possible...
Yes, it's very possible. I had the same reaction when I was at the DC Auto Show. In fact a big portion of the crowd there did as well. I didn't see a single person around the M3, but saw the biggest crowds around the M2 and i8.

However, coupes generally do get more attention than sedans with the general public....nature of the beast.

The M2 was next to a ZCP M3, and the M3 just looked too sedate to me in comparison. My brother (who has a Carmine Red 991 GTS, one of the most gorgeous cars on the road) said he liked the looks of the M2 over the M3 as well.

The M3 in stock form is handsome, but at the end of the day, it is still a sedan, so it will have some conservative lines. The rear of the M3; however, is awesome looking. And it has the best rear of the three IMO (M2, M3, M4).

I had similar thoughts as you OP. But having the nicer interior, CF parts, etc was not a big deal to me, so didn't want to pay the $15000 or so extra for the privilege (on the M4). The S55 motor might be more special, but I think I'd rather pocket it because I will not get $15,000 worth of enjoyment over an M2. I'm pretty sure about that ...So, I'm going for the M2.

But hey, the big mystique of the M3 is that it's one of the best performance sedans in the world...a benchmark for a 4 door, DD, which can blow by you, while carrying 4 passengers comfortably.

Last edited by csbear; 12-08-2016 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00