M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronis
Just FYI....
Since the temps are dropping the tire pressures are also. LOL...

I had my first run in with the Low pressure warning (all four tires down at 29 psi or so) due to cold weather. The car goes into Comfort mode and stays there until you reset the system. I just reset it and was able to drive as normal and was surprise the warning did not come back on even though I had not yet added any air. It read the same low pressures after driving a few miles, but did not trip the warning...Odd.....

I got home and fired up the compressor and brought all four back to 35 psi. Then when I drove again the system measured 32 or so on the tires.

When the warning is on the car is limited to 80 mph. Oh Darn!

Just FYI....

Mike
When you reset the system then you simply reset it to a lower value.

The alert occurs when there is a delta below the pre-set psi.

In other words. If the set tire pressure is 35 psi then the alert would come on after dropping more than 5 psi.

When you reset the tire pressure norm to 29 psi then the pressures would need to drop another 5 psi below the set level of 29psi down to 24 psi or lower for there to be an alert for low pressure.

So, while resetting the pressure got rid of the alert temporarily , you would want to add pressure soon ( as you did ) and then reset the system again so that you don't damage your tires while driving with them underinflated.

It's nice when a car gives an alert for low psi but sucks that it also puts you into the comfort mode " penalty box " as well.
Appreciate 1