View Single Post
      08-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #7
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwh2009 View Post
Congrats! I got both the Msport and the Trk Pkg, although I don't know if / when I will get to try on a track.

Can't say enough good things about the brakes. Obviously a track might be a whole different story.

We've had a hot month in Richmond Va - very close to mid-90s most of July. Never had overheating issues even when driving hard for a while - BUT

I do feel like the car did accelerate noticeably better on cooler days - which makes sense. But also it seems like it accelerates harder in the first few hard pulls than it does, say a 1/2hr later. Would that be heat soak or something if its performance tails off a bit once it gets hot?
Heat soak, I came out of 2 STi's and a Mazdaspeed 6 and a E90 335i, (and a 540i, E36 GTS3 race car and the E90 M3 on the NA side) so am pretty familiar with turbo cars. Once winter hits, the car will be like a different beast. I "love* the first 40 degree day, my butt dyno says it's a pick up of 20WHP just from the cool temp

I actually gave up tracking the STi's due to issues with heat soak (never tracked the 335, was my DD) and going to limp mode after a few hot laps, was running a Perrin Stage II tune with intake and exhaust which was some of it, but anything over about 80 degrees on track was a recipe for limp mode and/or overheating. Why I went to a NA dedicated track/race car, never had that issue in 5 years of tracking the E36, but that was also before the kids ate up so much of my time and was on track pretty much once a month...not so much these days, maybe once a quarter now.

Just wait for fall, the car will transform!
Appreciate 1
mwh2009289.00