View Single Post
      12-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #14
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
I don't agree that the Turbo is the competitor. However, if we do make that comparison, the Turbo is a faster and much more engaging car than the M5. Was with my buddy who had a new Panamera press car yesterday while I was in the M6. The OP makes a very valid point about that scary feeling of the M5/6. I said it to my wife when I returned yesterday "your car is scary". I meant that after seeing how that Panamera Turbo gripped, accelerated and handled curves with ease (in the wet mind you) while I was holding on for dear life accentuated the fear factor (and not good fear) of the M. There was one point where I simply refused to try to run with him. It was a joke.

This is the thing about the Porsche lineup. They DO respond to you more in a way that you are in command rather than holding on for the ride. Dare I say that you even feel more connected in the Cayenne Turbo? Yes, I would say that.

The Panamera GTS is a heck of a great car and I would most definitely call it an M5 competitor. People tend to say, when defending the M5 against comments about the 991 I regards to things like handling comparisons "well, it does MORE well. I need room and doors,etc." Here you have it in a more connected feeling car.
Ha the Cheif Of Staff .........like that! The GTS is a cool ass performer, man but that ass end I can't take it. Hands down if it was not butt ugly I would swap the M5, but no way bro. I do agree when you push the M5 it gets a little scary, but hell it's a M5 "power" it's funny how everyone wants more while not understanding it's not usable. It's fun to discuss power issues which is a high class problem to have.

I was reading a article on the 991 Turbo, and some guy was saying 0 to 60 in 2.7 is not fast enough. Some people have no idea how fast that really is. The launch control is in that car will give you whip lash, and it never heats up and has no limit to the launches.

After 7 BMW's, and 1 Porsche I have never been so impressed with a car maker and customer service. Hell Cold was a Porsche hater now he's the spokes person for Porsche(:
Appreciate 0