View Single Post
      03-15-2011, 02:20 AM   #5
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

I kind of agree with their assessment. I spent some time testing both the F10 and the Mercedes E550. Both are really the same and both aren't that great. I even brought my own CDs and DVD-As. Both systems tend to sound better with Logic 7 turned off (with most source content) but still nothing to be excited about.

They are okay systems but not that great. For the premium option price, it's too much money, imho.

The Jaguar Bowers and Wilkins system was better. Not super spectacular but still quite a bit better.

Although I've yet to hear it, the SLS has probably the best system currently available. It's a B&O Beosound system that was designed specifically for that car. Unfortunately it's an option that's around 9k USD. http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/m...-sound-system/ Audi A8 has a 6.5k USD B&O option, too.

If BMW (and others) offer a 'premium' sound system option, then they should be really truly good. The current premium option should be the base system, and then they need to offer a true premium system option, imho.
Appreciate 0