Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
I don't hate it, but I do wish there was an option to delete the 3rd row seating in favor of more 2nd row legroom and a larger cargo area. I was invited to the pre-launch event last winter and it was disappointing to find out the X7 has similar legroom to the X5.

I'm over 6'6" and at the time we needed a new vehicle but after seeing the X7 in person I almost made the horrible decision of getting a LWB Range Rover to properly fit my overly tall family. Thankfully I came to my senses in the nick of time and got a great deal on a 2019 750i.

If BMW comes to their senses and realizes that not everyone wants/needs a 3rd row of seats I'd buy one in an instant.
Why not just keep the third row down if you don’t need it?
That wouldn't change the fact that there simply isn't enough 2nd row legroom for someone to sit behind me when I'm driving.

Our previous vehicle was a 2016 X5 and anytime the 4 of us needed to drive somewhere longer than 30 minutes it was torturous.

The 7 series solved the problem for us. Only other option would've been a long wheelbase Range Rover or possibly an S-Class.