08-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #9
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
I don't hate it, but I do wish there was an option to delete the 3rd row seating in favor of more 2nd row legroom and a larger cargo area. I was invited to the pre-launch event last winter and it was disappointing to find out the X7 has similar legroom to the X5.

I'm over 6'6" and at the time we needed a new vehicle but after seeing the X7 in person I almost made the horrible decision of getting a LWB Range Rover to properly fit my overly tall family. Thankfully I came to my senses in the nick of time and got a great deal on a 2019 750i.

If BMW comes to their senses and realizes that not everyone wants/needs a 3rd row of seats I'd buy one in an instant.
I agree, and I'm another person that has no need for the 3rd row, but instead is looking at the X7 more for 2nd row legroom.

Yes, be aware that the X7 has a key difference from the X5, in that the 2nd row can actually slide *back* a bit, for slightly more 2nd row legroom (at the expense of the 3rd row) Not a lot, but that little bit makes all the difference for the 2nd row.

The X8, or Four Door Concept, is still getting talk from BMW, latest word is maybe a MY2022 release. Would be awesome for people like you and me, but I do fear it'll be out of my price range.

Last edited by Wild Blue; 08-24-2019 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0