View Single Post
      08-12-2018, 10:03 PM   #8
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainblade View Post
This is my opinion on tire insurance. I've owned five m cars. Every three years when I upgrade tire insurance gets more expensive. Started out at 1600 , climbed to 2200, then to 2800. After 2800 on an m6 I paid 3200 for my f10 m5. Didn't cover cosmetic and was told unless tire is losing air they won't replace the rim. I still bought the insurance and had three tires replaced. That's about 1500, In Dealer dollars so never hit breakeven The car was vibrating and took it to Dealer and they said rims were fine. So I found a local repair shop where individual straightens rims for 150 and can refinish for another 100. I paid this man to straighten two rims for me. When I leased my x5m the Dealer wanted 4200 for rim insurance , an absurd amount. I decided to buy a full set of tires on tire rack and assumed my breakeven was two full sets of tires. I commute to nyc via train so I'm not a daily driver. Dealers now are reluctant to replace rims . They send them to local rim repair shops and have them straightened for you. My brother had a 650 I gran coupe with run flats and lost 11 tires and paid 2700 tire insurance so benefitted. At some point it doesn't make sense and part of risk of driving an m car. I chose not to get insurance now. Rims are going to get bent. It happens Find a local guy to fix your rims . Buy a spare set of tires unless you get full coverage meaning cosmetic and under 3000 bucks. Good luck and you're free to disagree

uhm, you need to find a new dealer. Becuase they are bending you over backwards no lube on the tire insurance.
Appreciate 0