Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Ferrari didn't steal Leclerc's SIngapore victory. They wanted to pit him first (reacting to Verstappen pitting). They didn't have enough to call him in as he was already passing the pit entry, so they did the next best thing and called in Vettel. That was Binottos official explanation.

I also heard that Leclerc supposedly tailored his car set up more for qualifying than the race. Vettel supposedly did the opposite. That might explain Vettels superb out-lap that helped him seal the deal.

Either way, I hope Leclerc wins this one!

you heard Binotto's radio message right after the race?
he talks in Italian.. and says punto in a way that everyone understood.. says come to the pitlane to your place etc... and full stop in italian.. like not even letting him talk..

Vettel is still lead the driver in Ferrari, because of his contract or Ferrari taking aside etc.. no one expected Leclerc this quick this year plan was for 2020 and beyond more likely.. either way, Vettel has been out qualified what was this 8th time? not mentioning wins.. i dont remember anything like this in last 20 years.. Vettel neeeded that win more than Leclerc.. and Leclerc was leading all weekend and then boom lost the race.. again.. they could have told him speed up before pit stop to keep the lead.. he still had some rubber for it.. i dont remember anyone told such thing.. they were telling pace is good on the radio.. maybe Vettel put a nice out lap, but no one tried to save Leclerc's race either.. thats the point..
Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen an analysis like that. The interesting thing now is what happens next year. Vettels contract is still good until 2020, so will we have a repeat of the team favoring Vettel despite Leclerc looking like the faster driver and a better hope for a title? I really hope not....
Appreciate 0