08-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #67
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Chek is well-educated man with speaking engagements all over the world regarding health, wellness, holistic healing, and fitness training. The book and articles he has written are exceptional. Chek has his own multi-level certification. Not many individuals can say that. Chek is right on about a lot of things. Spiritually he can be out there at times, but you cannot deny he is in incredible shape for his age and he can physically out duel people 20+ years his junior.
The same can be said for Scientologists. Hell, any religion. That doesnt make them any less full of shit.

Quote:
Whether a healthy person is taking them or not, supplements are processed, piecemeal garbage a lot of the time. Their health benefits need to be called into question. Evolutionarily speaking, they are new substances for the body. We are used to substances that the supplements try to mimic being in their natural state, not as powders or suspended in liquid. When it comes down to it, eating a chicken breast (organic, free range of course) is superior to drinking a whey protein shake in my opinion.
The health benefits have been called into question. There is decades of reasearch on basic supplements like protein powder and creatine mono. They pose zero health risks in healthy adults.

Youre assuming a lot of things that I havent even implied. I agree, whole foods are better than supplements, but thats beside the point. But spare me the 100% organic all natural free range omega-3 infused crap. The only difference between organic and nonorganic foods is that organic foods cost a hell of a lot more. Theres no data showing any conclusive benefit of one over the other.
Appreciate 0