08-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #69
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
The same can be said for Scientologists. Hell, any religion. That doesnt make them any less full of shit.

The health benefits have been called into question. There is decades of reasearch on basic supplements like protein powder and creatine mono. They pose zero health risks in healthy adults.

But spare me the 100% organic all natural free range omega-3 infused crap. The only difference between organic and nonorganic foods is that organic foods cost a hell of a lot more. Theres no data showing any conclusive benefit of one over the other.
I doubt you have read anything by Chek to have a basis for your accusations. His book "Awesome Abs" offers great insight into abdominal training and posture correction. His Swiss Ball training articles and videos were ahead of their time and still are applicable today. You are entitled to your views, but Chek should not be compared to a Scientologist.

As far as organic vs non organic, try tasting the difference in the two foods. Or look at the difference in shell density between an organic egg and non organic egg. The non-organic egg's shell is so paper thin it's ridiculous; the organic egg's shell is strong and healthy. I am not for omega 3 infused (done by man) eggs. Often the omega 3s put into the eggs are of low quality any way.

If you think about it, why would I want to eat a cow that has had anti-biotics and hormones injected into it? These bovine anti-biotics and hormones are passed onto the eater and drinker of the meat and milk respectively. Non organic meats are fed processed grains and are often not free range. Organic meats come from free range cows feed a natural grass diet. I won't get into plants sprayed with pesticides that are grown in nutrient lacking soil. The fact of the matter is, you can't get healthy eating an unhealthy animal/plant.
Appreciate 0