08-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #81
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
You say he should not be compared to a scientologist, but the qualifications you listed as a basis for his credibility are equal to those of a Scientologist. So based on those qualifications, Chek is credible, but Scientologists arent? How so? And Ive read plenty from him. He has some good work, but hes more or less nutty.
I doubt you've read plenty from him. Maybe you should read up about Paul.

http://www.chekinstitute.com/meet.cfm
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=885647

He is about high performance and holistic health. Holistic health is not the usual for western society that is why he can be considered controversial. Pharmaceutical companies are out to make a profit. Many drugs correct sypmtoms and not the base root of the problems and acutally cause more problems which calls for more drugs -- the cycle goes on and on. Drugs companies have us hooked from cradle to grave.

Holistic healing attacks the root of the problems and puts the body back into balance so the problem stops. Americans are largely not open minded enough to accept this type of methodology. They are bombarded with marketing by drug companies and influenced by what their doctor with no nutrition background gives them to take.

Quote:
Taste is subjective, and I have had organic foods that either tasted no different, or worse, than their non-organic counterparts. As for egg shell densities - lol wut. How does this translate to better nutritional quality? I know egg shells are high in calcium, so maybe thats what youre getting at. Be my guest.
A healthy animal lays healthy eggs just as a healthy woman has healthy children. A thin shelled egg can easily crack and die. A shell with a better density has less chance of cracking. Think about it from an evolutionary sense. I would much rather eat an egg from a free range chicken with access to sunlight than from a chicken that has no access to sunlight and is cramped in a caged with thousands of other chickens who roam around in caked feces and urine 24/7. Animals raised on a poor diet and in poor conditions are less healthy to eat. Do your homework on traditional farming techniques. It's atrocious. Not to mention the inhumane treatment of animals.

Quote:
I love eating cows injected with hormones. Hopefully some of that will trickle down to me.

But feel free to post any data showing organic foods to be superior to non-organic foods. I have yet to see any.
You eat whatever you want. I'm sure bovine growth hormones and anti-biotics are excellent for humans. Please.

Here is some info for you to swallow about organic foods.

http://www.sustainweb.org/pdf/myth_real.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by OO---OO View Post
Better?
The Nakid Bandit changed his avi just for you!
Now you look more insecure. My background is in Div IA sports and professional sports. You're small compared to guys I competed against every day for eight years. Get over yourself.

Last edited by Bobby_Light; 08-30-2008 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Added Chek interview link
Appreciate 0