View Single Post
      05-19-2021, 02:52 PM   #38
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath4n View Post
Hi guys, was the solution sufficient enough for completely resolving it or it's just for "lowering" the PITA?

Because mine was RMAed two times and it's still kinda meh. My dealership cut off quite a bit of the lower tab and covered both the lower one and upper tab, as well as the spring/piston thing's contact point, with some kind of grease but you still have to push/hit quite hard to get it open (at least in compare to my F15 which reacts nicely even to a gentle push).

The grease is especially concerning because I don't know when (and how often) I should take my car to the dealership for refill...
There's an SIB on this issue. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...72493-9999.pdf.

I had the problem and they tried to fix it twice without success. They finally replaced the entire pot and it works great now. However, they couldn't make the fuel filler door flush with the body panels and now it sticks out farther than it should.

They also buggered it up and put a dent in the body panel trying to replace the pot. They fixed that and you can't tell it ever happened but the fuel door still sticks out.

It's a shit design that BMW just can't seem to overcome.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Nath4n34.00