United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalex
I know that the floor mat issue is a very small thing to get worked up over, but it if you take a step back for a moment and think about it, it is just absolutely absurd.

As consumers, we pay fees and markups and all sorts of things. Some are hidden costs, some are built in and some are open/or optional.

If the cost is really that important, the MFG should build it in the per unit cost and then include the mats (carpet or otherwise) as standard equipment on every vehicle. That's it, plain and simple.

OR the dealer should include it in their markup i.e. treat it just like the destination fee or MACO fee or some other per unit allocation of cost.

But to make a customer ASK if mats are included is FILL IN THE BLANK.

It's an important point to make, because it is so stupid. I mean you just paid booku bucks for a car and no one in their right mind would NOT want mats. I mean regardless of getting OEM mats or WalMart mats, wouldn't every BMW owner get mats in their vehicle??

STUPID STUPID STUPID Business rule!!

I'll may take ksfrogman's advice and hold the dealership accountable for this error in judgement. Check your CSI Scores, SERVICE YOUR CUSTOMERS!!

Okay, so I'm still a little worked up over this...

I have to get all out so I can pick up my car in total serenity...
Well, I got my floor mats thrown in for free, but got totally screwed on the alarm system, so one way or another, they'll get you.

Several other members had the floor mats thrown in at no extra cost. This makes the dealerships look like they will go the extra mile for you.

Anyways, congrats on your new car! Lots to get excited about, and just keep in mind that most everything else you may decide to do to your car will probably cost more than floor mats. So there