03-03-2020, 02:13 PM   #49
AKittrell
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7; 2018 Panamera 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
I agree it should have been offered but I’ve never bought a car I haven’t modified so if painting, powder coating or procuring a different set of wheels is the only thing I need to do I’m happy. It definitely wouldn’t stop me from buying a higher model. Nothing wrong with the 40i but I don’t believe the wheel accent color would have stopped anyone from a purchase. It was more so the 15k price difference.
I can tell you that this is not the case at all for most. We love our X7 40i and we were just coming out of our MB GLS 63AMG. We chose the 40i because a 5.4 0-60 time in comparison to a 4.5 from stoplight to stoplight wasn't that large of a difference and the 40i for some reason feels/felt plenty quick. Everyone knows BMW inline 6 is the best engine in the world and having owned several V-8 BMWs, the same can not be said for it. Until they have a proven track record of being better and more reliable, the 6 is the better option imo. Only a matter of time before BMW releases the MPPK for the 6 and piggyback the Dinan, you will have a monster that will still sip fuel in comparison to the V8.

Last edited by AKittrell; 03-03-2020 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Appreciate 1
torment26.00