View Single Post
      05-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
DoctorH
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 sDrive28i

2005 Roadster alarm system

I recently purchased a pre-owned 2005 BMW Z4 2.5i roadster. It appears to have the premium package (leather, wood grain, automatic top, 5 speed automatic with step-tronic) plus fog lamps and bluetooth. There is a round plastic bulb under the rearview mirror. My driver's manual says it is part of the theft alarm system and should blink when the alarm system is activated when the car is locked. Mine doesn’t blink and I can open the trunk with a key without triggering an alarm. Apparently the alarm system is an option. I would think that the car would have an alarm system since it has all the other bells and whistles. My dealer dismissed my inquiry by saying the alarm system was never added to this car (the CarFax report tells me the dealer bought the car at an auction). This is the same dealer who told me the car wasn't Bluetooth enabled but I discovered it was on my own. How can I find out if there is an alarm system installed? Could the previous owner have disabled it? Am I out of luck?
Appreciate 0