View Single Post
      01-11-2024, 10:10 AM   #32
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post

Where are people going to plug these in? Where are the plans for infrastructure?
Another case of people getting their news from political commentators instead of actual sources.
As if nobody ever thought of this huh?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/cleanener...act-guidebook/
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...EVI)%20program.

Quote:
The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law invests $7.5 billion in EV charging, $5 billion of which is for building a “backbone” of high-speed chargers spaced no less than every 50 miles along America’s major roads, freeways, and interstates through the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) program. The remaining $2.5 billion is for competitive grants to states and localities to fill gaps along charging corridors and to provide convenient, accessible charging where people live, work, and shop through the Charging and Fueling Infrastructure (CFI) program. The President also secured a tax credit in the Inflation Reduction Act to make it more affordable for individuals and businesses to install chargers for personal, employee, commercial, or customer use.

Implementation is already underway. All 50 states plus Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia have developed detailed plans for building the necessary infrastructure in their jurisdictions, and many states have begun issuing proposals or awarded contracts for installing NEVI-funded chargers. Ohio has now announced the opening of the first charging station funded through the NEVI program, Vermont, Pennsylvania, and Maine have broken ground on new stations, and additional activity is expected in several other states in the coming weeks.
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 01-11-2024 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 4