View Single Post
      07-10-2014, 01:18 AM   #2
Drjsuh
Rep
Drives: 328xd wagon

(1) yes, but hard to put a % on it especially since I had only owned the car for a couple of months/maybe 800 miles before installing. Throttle response is quite a bit better...it's noticable as everyone has mentioned too.

(2) I think it has helped across the board in most/all situations. Have you read the review posted on their website that tested a 318d wagon against some other boxes? That magazine did a review with some interesting testing and numbers that are quite impressive.

(3) no....maybe a little smoother if anything....but I've been mixing in some b20 to get up to around b5 to help with lubricity, etc. and folks say that diesels run smoother on b5...so maybe it's that v. the box.

(4) I thought I saw a decrease in mileage with the initial setting (I've posted previously about this) but again it's a bit hard to say as conditions may have been different and I only had the car for a couple of months before I installed the box. I did change my box's setting to the second level (d1) and it seems that my mpg has been fine/similar to what it was originally since the change. I just drove a 1000 mile road trip over the long weekend and got over 44mpg...so I am very happy with gas mileage. With all other chips/flashes on previous cars I have owned I felt my mpg was slightly better...so I was curious about this box too since that's one of the reasons I traded in my panamera for the diesel wagon.

(5) possibly but I would think it's negligible. It's my first time using a box like this but with previous cars flashes/chips my smog tests always passed with flying colors....so my sense is that in general it's negligible for tuning but my state doesn't sniff test diesels so I will probably never know.
Appreciate 2