08-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #121
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Unless the throttle was done to get the car to turn left as quickly as possible. The right rear tire on dirt track cars are much larger, a throttle blip does help steer the car left. Who knows if the throttle noise was even his car. No way to tell from the video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
I would love to see you in a dirt track car, riding up near the cushion and see how you handle someone jumping out from a blind spot. You actually think these cars react like street cars, are you that stupid. People like you have no f*cking clue what you talking about and have no basis knowledge to make a case like that.
He wasn't anything like "riding near the cushion". The difficulty with this argument is that at 40 MPH under the yellow, you don't gas the car to turn it left. That move is reserved for racing speeds. At 40 MPH under the yellow it's much harder to turn the car precisely if you gas it and spin the rear wheels, rather than just turn the wheel. Once again, consider the pro racers who have spun out, or whacked another car "cleaning the tires" on the pace lap. Even on pavement.

Under the yellow, at 40 MPH, you turn the wheel. Gassing the car to turn it, in that circumstance, would be ridiculous even for a rookie, much less Stewart. It's the very definition of "negligence".

For those who say people have no idea because they haven't driven a sprint car, here's what a sprint car racer said.

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."

Last edited by 128Convertibleguy; 08-15-2014 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 0