05-21-2008, 06:58 AM   #16
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
There are MANY MANY people complaining about reverse going out in their BMW's and being charged over $6k to fix them. Just after warranty is up. I have done ALOT of research for 2 YEARS on BMW's and you would be very discouraged if you read what I have. I didn't just research on a couple internet forums. I went ALL OVER. MANY MANY people are having auto tranny problems, FAILING FUEL pumps, many having even 2-3 new fuel pumps put in. Also overheating/limp mode is still happening with people who don't track their cars. Along with all kinds of electronic problems. I will not be convinced these problems are small and just a few compared to the many happy campers. BMW's have alot more problems then the average car. I wish this wasn't true, but IT IS A FACT.
Don’t keep the car out of Warranty. I think with all the electronics and technology in cars they are going to fail more. Get the extended warranty or open your wallet if you keep cars after the warranty runs out. It just like insurance.

Quote:
As an ex-owner of a BMW motorcycle, it was frustrating how BMW dealt with problems. Or how they didn't deal with them. After a ton of owners b*tched, the 2 problems I had (bad ECU and bad 5.5" wheels) were dealt by 'silent campaigns', which means if you didn't read the internet you were screwed. And those campaigns went on only for a specified period of time. But most bike manufacturers are like that, to be fair. I guess since they're not considered 'basic' transportation. Enough for now. Later.
Quote:
JC

Most auto Manufactures have the “Secret Warranty” I had a Toyota truck with 80K miles and the engine had issues where the head gasket leaked water into the cylinder. Toyota rebuilt my engine at no charge. If anyone has a Toyota still under warranty I can hook you up with a Toyota Platinum Extended warranty from a Toyota dealer in SC for about half the price ($880 for my 2006 Tacoma) of what you would pay at the local dealership. It is a Toyota extended warranty and not some 3rd party.