dubber1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i Cabrio

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
Part 2 – Connect the electrical wires

To install the cables, you have to take off the cabin air filter cover. There are about 6 screws that have to remove to do this. Once removed you will have access to the ECU box on the passenger side of the car. Take off the cover by sliding the clips and lifting the cover up. Inside the box are a bunch of terminals and the ECU. Slide out the terminals as far as possible. Run the power cable (black/brown) through the rubber hose into the box. At the back of the box, you will see a small passage into the passenger compartment. Feed the power cable into this hole and you should be able to get at the cable from the passenger foot well inside the car.
The small clip at the end of the cable connects into the back of the fuse block where the headlight washer fuse goes. You will have to take out the little panel at the back of the glove box to access the fuse box. I found the easiest way (and it wasn’t that easy) to clip the power cable into the fuse box was to stick a long tie-wrap through the hole where the fuse goes, to the back of the fuse box, clip the end of the power cable to it, and pull the tie-wrap back with the cable attached to it, then feel blindly and try to push the clip into the fuse box. Curse a few times, it helps. I think there is a DIY somewhere on accessing the fuse box that would make this task easier. Once you make this connection you have completed the hardest part. Push the fuse and the relay into their spots and close the glove box back up.
Back in the engine compartment connect the neutral wire to the negative battery terminal lug. Push the pump connector end of the cable through the hole into the wheel area (see picture above). Connect the cable to the pump and reconnect the cables that were attached to the old fluid tank to the new one. Put the tank back in (there is a clip on the end you have to line up) and screw the tank to the car’s body.
Attached Images

2017 430i xDrive Cabriolet
Retired: 2007 335xi Sapphire/Terra Premium
Retired: 2006 325i, Premium

Last edited by dubber1; 05-02-2007 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 0