View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 01:46 PM   #806
MsMoonstone
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Well done! I'm curious how many days Extreme Colors is saying they're going to take for the detail work. Definitely the route I'll go if I were to figure out how to make a PCD practical.
Thanks Wild Blue! I have to say Extreme Colors has been really easy to work with and has accommodated many calls/questions from me before I committed to any package.

Time wise, the cross country package is 1 day. They prep the car and install the wrap afterwards. So if you drop it off after PCD, you should be able to pick it up 2 days later. If their schedule allows, tint can be completed on the same day as the wrap.

I initially wanted Ceramic Pro 5yr, but the process involves 2 coats and they have to be applied on separate days in order for it to cure properly. It would have added 3 days shop time aside from the wrap. Since we have to be back home by Saturday, I ended up opting for XPEL ceramic. It's 1 coat with a 4 yr warranty and only added 1 additional in shop day. Extreme is closed on weekends so keep that in mind when you're planning. I've listed out our schedule in case it helps.

Monday
Drop off after PCD
Prep begins

Tuesday
Tint installed
Cross country wrap installed

Wednesday
XPEL ceramic coat applied

Thursday
Vehicle ready for pick up
Appreciate 4