View Single Post
      06-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
When both keys are in the car, it will retain the last profile used to start/unlock. If you are unsure and don't want to be halfway down the street before you realize it is set to your wife/husband's profile, you can lock/unlock before getting in. Driver's door unlock has preference and it will use that profile.

As for leaving the running car - if you stray far enough, a warning message will come up on the iDrive screen. I cannot recall whether it will threaten to shut down or not.

But here's a question (I might test one of these days):

Supposedly you should not be able to lock the key in the car with CA. I assume this would apply to the key with the active profile (not sure if it would apply to both). But then again, if you DO lock the key in the car, the key is.... IN the car and it should unlock when you touch the handle. Sounds like a foolproof system right? Wrong - if that is true, and you did lock your key in the car - ANYONE could unlock it. :|

The problem with proximity triggered devices like this, of which there are more than one... is that it does pose a number of challenges.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0