View Single Post
      10-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #44
skw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
BMW has some major problem, one is their roll out, takes way to long builds up to much anticipation...and its disappointing. Show the freaking truck all this new wave media tricks is not the company I have liked since i was a kid 30 some years ago. Pre order my azz, show the truck
MB's roll out isn't much better. There were rumors and spy pics of the new GLE/GLS for about a year now. Speculation was 2019 model year was going to be the new units. Then they dropped the bomb and released the 2019 ordering guide with both remaining unchanged. '20 GLE was just shown a the Paris show a few weeks ago and still waiting for the GLS. So in this regard, I'd give the +1 to BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post

Overall, don't expect much in terms of a space upgrade. BMW literally built a MB GLS and Q7 competitor. From the D pillar, it almost looks like a GLS.
There is definitely a market to be captured here that the GLS has been holding onto. A vehicle not as long and truck-like (handling) as the Suburban/Escalade ESV/Navigator/Expedition but also with a usable 3rd row and a step above the typical mid-size suv's w/ 3rd row offerings. Personally, we ordered a '19 GLS450 not wanting to wait it out for the new one or the X7 to hit the ground. Pre-ordering an X7 w/o a production date, specs, nor pricing wouldn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4guyNY View Post
Maybe sacrilege in these parts, but anyone who wants a somewhat useable third row should look at the Land Rover Discovery. I was stunned at how practical the 3rd row is. If it's important to you that is...
The LR D3/D4's (LR3/LR4 here in the US) have an excellent 3rd row that an adult can fit in. But then again, you have to deal with everything else that comes w/ owning a Rover. I had an LR3 for only 2 years and still get a headache thinking about it.
'07 4Runner V8 Limited 4WD
Appreciate 0