01-14-2022, 05:03 PM   #33
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
I totally get your question and I wonder the same thing. Absolutely not in a judgemental way, but just from a standpoint of what leads people to their purchase decisions. It's a fascinating questions. Heck, people are fascinating. Their thought processes are a wonderment to me, including my own!

We bright and fantastic BMW owners can't even go 3 posts into a new thread without somebody having a different opinion than somebody else. If I started a thread asking the question, "on a sunny day, is the sky blue?, I'd get a variety of answers even though the answer is simply yes! For me, that's why these off-topic threads are so fun. It's intriguing just how different we all think about virtually everything, including what's important and making a car purchase decision.
Thanks for saying this. I should have prefaced my original post with "not judging but curious". While I do think there are much better options in the class of say, an Avenger, (camry, fusion, etc), something drew the customer towards the Avenger. In many cases it's simply who can offer the best deal. I want to know about the cases where it wasn't strictly a financial decision.

Basically any time I see a car which goes against the norm, I'm curious as to what made the customer say, "For $xx, this car is the best option for me". I've had this thought many times, in this case it just so happened an Avenger was in front of me when I had the thought.

There's so many consumer behavioral questions that come up... For example... Are consumers in one segment more swayed by pushy salesmen vs. another segment. Is one segment more/less price sensitive than other segments.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0