Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffscott1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Yeah I think most in this forum if gonna spend 180k on a car it wouldn't be on this one.
As a long time (now recovering) MB owner. I was offered one of the first builds for the GT 63s from my local dealer, and I was also invited to drive the 53s they had on display. It is not an M5 competitor, in fact, it says a lot about the M5 to be compared to a car that is 60k to 80k (an M3) more expensive.

I agree with the previous posters the quality of the materials in the interior is inferior, visibility is poor at best, it felt much smaller on the inside than the M5, I like the way it looks better than the M5 much more aggressive and I liked the sports car feel when I drove it, much more feel of the road than the M5, it feels like my AMG GTC edition 50 coupe on the road.

When I priced one out with most of the options the MSRP was just north of 215k...
Well I think so far all the initial reviews from European magazines have been positive. It moved very well for its weight.

I guess people who buy this car just really liked this car (like Pam Turbo S), since it offers no significant performance advantage over the M5, especially in the straight line (if at all) for much more money. But yes, it's aggressive look will check some people's boxes.
Appreciate 1
soooma1377.50