08-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiborakos View Post
For the moment i cannot enjoy the car, it is "parked" @ the BMW local service....to try to fix some issues....
Issue 1.
When i got the car, i noticed in front minor differences (left-right side) between bumper-light mask-light & bumper-side panel. I would not have expected that from premium BMW, i quickly checked other Z4s and they were ok, no differences. Mine looked as if not all parts were put symmetrically on both sides, disappointing. Asked the dealer if the car was hit or something, he assured me that was not the case and that it is only a matter of "trimming" some internal screws! Strange for a brand new car, isn't it?? Anyway, i submitted the car to the service on Monday, i am to get it back today...lets see...
Issue 2.
There is a small blister in the bonnet in front, like a head of a pin is painted within the bonnet. Again, they told me such things can happen, not all cars pass quality control.. Service said cannot be corrected and they offered as only solution to paint the whole bonnet which of course i cannot accept in a brand new car...so i intend to keep the bonnet as is...for good luck....

otherwise, i have only drove the car for less than 100km, so rest are to come in a while hopefully...
I find the dealer's suggestion to repaint the hood on a expensive car totally unacceptable. Not sure what your laws are like in Greece, but you should tell them to order a new car. I had a blemish on a car here in the US, and the dealer repainted it for me, but it was never right after that. Less than s year later it developed rust under the paint because the body shop man did not do his prep work correctly.

Think about it, your car was likely at least $60 USD and the dealer simply suggested that - totally unacceptable IMO!
Appreciate 0