Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Alexander Rossi to replace Roberto Merhi at Manor for five races

Alexander Rossi to replace Roberto Merhi at Manor for five races

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/09/1...erhi-at-manor/

Manor has announced Alexander Rossi will drive for them in “five of the remaining seven rounds of the season”.

Rossi will take the place of Roberto Merhi in the team’s driver line-up.

“I’m very thankful to race for the Manor Marussia F1 team and for their continued belief in me,” said Rossi. “I’ve been prepared for this opportunity for quite a while now. Many will know from 2014 that the team and I already have a strong relationship and there’s a bit of unfinished business for me here.”

Rossi has been driving for Racing Engineering in GP2 this year and is currently second in the standings, 108 points behind McLaren junior driver Stoffel Vandoorne. He will continue to race in GP2 at Russia and Abu Dhabi, and will make his debut for Manor at Singapore this weekend and return in Japan, the USA, Mexico and Brazil.
“I want to thank the management at Manor Marussia F1 Team and my team in the GP2 Series, Racing Engineering, for supporting both my F1 duties and the completion of an already strong GP2 campaign,” Rossi added. “Since Monza, my return to F1 came together rather quickly and seamlessly. The collective support of both Manor and Racing Engineering was instrumental in making this opportunity possible.”

Merhi will return for the team at Sochi and Yas Marina. “While Roberto is obviously disappointed, he understands that this decision is in the long-term interests of the team,” said team principal John Booth. “We thank him for his professionalism.”

“No decision has been made regarding our 2016 driver line-up and we will continue to evaluate our options during the remainder of the season.

Rossi previously came close to making his debut for the same team last year at Spa, but an 11th-hour deal for him to replace Max Chilton fell through. He will be the first American F1 driver to compete at a grand prix weekend since Scott Speed in 2007.