View Single Post
      07-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #11
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiTourer View Post
The only issues I've had with my M340i over 6 and a bit months of ownership are I-Drive software and Connected Drive App related.
No other problems whatsoever. Car software and all the configurable things work perfectly.
The (Android) App is now very stable and the I-Drive is updated to 03.2020.55 which is also fine. All the Remote Services work perfectly and even Remote 3D view works every time.(even though it displays what looks like a silver 5 series rather than a white 3 series)
There are only a few things on my niggle list now which are:.
1) The car copies music file information like name album track from USB stick into the in car memory. But if you delete the album off the USB stick, the car thinks it is still there and the search function goes crazy. And there isn't a delete function. The Drivers Guide has recently been updated to say you have to see a dealer to get the USB Music file data deleted from the car..ridiculous.
2) You cant use Hey BMW when the car is in reverse. I can see the logic in that but it would be good to be able to set navigation directions when reversing out the drive. Hardly a big problem.
3) Hey BMW won't open or close the sunroof. She says the car isn't equipped with that feature. Pity, as it would be one of the really useful features.
4) In car Wifi doesn't work; I have been told that's because BMW won't pay for the mobile data charges .
5) No Connected Music.. supposedly not be because it won't work in the ANZ market but again because BMW won't pay for the streaming data charges. But can be sort of worked around by streaming from the App on your phone to the car over Bluetooth.

Fortunately the amazingly good things outnumber the niggles. I'm a very happy M340i owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiTourer View Post
The only issues I've had with my M340i over 6 and a bit months of ownership are I-Drive software and Connected Drive App related.
No other problems whatsoever. Car software and all the configurable things work perfectly.
The (Android) App is now very stable and the I-Drive is updated to 03.2020.55 which is also fine. All the Remote Services work perfectly and even Remote 3D view works every time.(even though it displays what looks like a silver 5 series rather than a white 3 series)
There are only a few things on my niggle list now which are:.
1) The car copies music file information like name album track from USB stick into the in car memory. But if you delete the album off the USB stick, the car thinks it is still there and the search function goes crazy. And there isn't a delete function. The Drivers Guide has recently been updated to say you have to see a dealer to get the USB Music file data deleted from the car..ridiculous.
2) You cant use Hey BMW when the car is in reverse. I can see the logic in that but it would be good to be able to set navigation directions when reversing out the drive. Hardly a big problem.
3) Hey BMW won't open or close the sunroof. She says the car isn't equipped with that feature. Pity, as it would be one of the really useful features.
4) In car Wifi doesn't work; I have been told that's because BMW won't pay for the mobile data charges .
5) No Connected Music.. supposedly not be because it won't work in the ANZ market but again because BMW won't pay for the streaming data charges. But can be sort of worked around by streaming from the App on your phone to the car over Bluetooth.

Fortunately the amazingly good things outnumber the niggles. I'm a very happy M340i owner
So happy to hear TikiTourer

I am so enjoying my car I think BMW have really delivered on their "Ultimate Driving Machine" mantra.

Closing in on 1 month of ownership and every day I thank the "Car God's" I chose this car.
On the shortlist were in no particular order :-

1. Mercedes C300(5 years old)
2. Lexus IS350(Very old)
3. Mustang GT (Too powerful, 2+2 seater,2 door)
4. Mercedes A35(Not yet in Oz at time of my order/back/head room tight)
5. Lexus NX-300 (Very old SUV)
6. Honda Type-R Civic( 4 seats only extreme looks, non luxury)
7. Hyundai i30 N (Non luxury)
8. Audi A4(Old shape not sure has it been refreshed)
9. Golf R (Did not feel connection to road)

I am really appreciating how stiff the chassis is and how the car "Moves as one" so to speak.
Happy Driving !!
Appreciate 1
francton126.50