04-01-2015, 06:50 AM   #7
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo mcs
Hi,

You will be fine sharing the car, especially if your wife is a newcomer to drive days. She won't be pushing the car too hard.

My wife tracks the F82, and I alternate occasional sessions. The car copes fine.

At my local club we have lots of people who share cars.

You have to be extra aware of heat management issues, brakes and tire wire. Make extra sure you allow a decent cool down lap a the end of sessions to let the brakes cool and air flow through the coolers. You also have to vigilant about tire pressures etc. Also because you tend to be in a hurry between sessions don't neglect basic maintenence issues like checking tire pressures, re torquing wheel nuts etc

Also, the car will consume everything twice as fast, fuel, brake pads, tires etc, so you need to be aware of that and watch them carefully.

Hope your wife enjoys the car on the track, mine does
good call. I'll probably sacrifice some of my "personal best" attempts to let the car cool down towards the end of my session to get it to be more prime time for her. I've done it enough that the most exciting part about this trip will be having her out there with me.

thanks! I'll definitely be monitoring things extra closely for safety.

if she likes it.. we're going to need a bigger garage!

Appreciate 0