View Single Post
      03-04-2019, 12:55 PM   #8
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Dunno, that could be it. You're driving down the road, and kids in the 3rd row yell, "dad, Kid X in the 2nd row is squishing me with his seat!" Without having to stop, get out, open the back door, and scoot the seat, you can just shift it up while you drive, and then lock out the 2nd row controls.

hey posted this elsewhere but figured would be relevant here.

i think the way this button works is this:

1) if driving, the button slides the second row as far forward as it goes, or as far rearward as it goes. this is the child discipline function we joked about. to give a little legroom to the third row when needed or take away when unnecessary.
2) if the vehicle is stationary with a second row door open, this button will slide forward and tilt the seat for easy third row ingress/egress. this will do this for the seat corresponding to the open door. so for example if driver's side rear door is open, driver's side captains will go through this process.

this is just my stab based on this video. 5:40-55 marker they are able to slide forward and tilt the second row without first folding the backrest using the backrest lever. given that we don't see them pressing any buttons to do this, and that they had just been looking at the driver's side door button about 30 secs prior, this is my guess.
Appreciate 0