Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
Which one will get your money?
I'm not a fan of the direction BMW has gone with their front ends. The kidney grilles don't scale up as nicely as some other shapes. And the lower valance, like on the new 3 as well, is overly stylized as Toyota is apt to do. I hope they improve the next M3/4.
Greg, you have been a BMW buyer for some years so your perspective is different than mine. But being new to the brand I thought the grills looked tiny for many years especially on the X5. The newest X5 grill looks proportionately correct to my eyes. I feel the same about the X7. Putting a smaller grill on a large SAV wouldn't make sense to me. I also think the new 8 series Alpina with the larger grill looks terrific. I assume BMW loyalist don't care for it but for newcomers to the brand (like me), this was a needed change to be competitive with the overall market. Many car companies are doing larger and larger grills.

On smaller BMWs I get that smaller grills may look better but for their larger SAV's and full-size cars, a larger grill just looks better IMO. I actually think BMW is on the right track, time will tell.

Is your GLE still slated to land at the dealership next Wednesday?
Appreciate 0