Miamiboyca
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW - F80

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by acechardukian View Post
I have done 15 all around for 4 years and never been bothered at all by the police. It helps minimally vs lighter tint, but I'll take anything I can get in our summer heat. The tint film matters more in my opinion than the darkness for heat rejection. I'm in Dallas fwiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by rl168 View Post
Thanks all, appreciate the responses. I have a front sun shade, and it doesn't sound like darker tint will help, I'll probably roll down the windows and let it air for 5 minutes before I start driving
I did just on over the legal limit and went with metallics for their increased heat deflection and never get bothered (3 cars and counting) Darker does make a difference just not as much as a better tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
I have 30% tint all around (I like the windows to match) and have 80% UV clear on the front windshield. I have never had the windshield done before and it is amazing on how much heat buildup it prevents. I highly recommend doing the windshield - it is legal in Texas as long as it is clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw View Post
FYI, there's also a windshield film (Wincos) that greatly helps reduce the heat build up. You may want to consider doing this although I think it's pretty expensive...like $299. You can get it perfectly clear from what I understand. I'm in SA. Let me know if I can help steer you in anyway.

Also look into windshield tint - its very very light and barely noticeable but its a HUGE difference. Way better than a screen shield because it does not get hot like a windshield screen and you can get it for about $140 just the windshield. I use solarguard.

2015 M3 - MW, Sonoma, Exec, LED, Adaptive, HK, 19" Light, 6M ED 7/7/2015 - Redelivery-8/18/15
2013 535i - SG, Sonoma, M-SPort, Prem, Tech, CW, Lux Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012/PCD -12/14/12
Appreciate 2