View Single Post
      07-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
RacrX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Msport

Coilovers vs. Springs + Sways vs. Sways only

Hi guys- new 2014 F30 owner, and it's great to be here.

I'm looking for a good dual-purpose setup, I have a 60 mile r/t commute to work and about 6 track days a year. Most of them are at the Auto Club Speedway Roval, so a combination of the straight and bank at 150mph down to the twisty road course.

The stock non-adjustable setup on my 335i is nice for the commute, but coming from a 2011 ISF it certainly (of course) doesn't seem like it will inspire the same confidence on the track. I'm a bit budget minded with all of the mods I have planned, so I'm looking to see what the best setup would be without going crazy on the cash.

My preference would be a good set of sways/links and a good set of rubber, either Michelin PSS or Protenza RE080s, I've had good luck with those in the past. The body roll in this car definitely needs to be dealt with.

On the higher end, I like the idea of adjustable coilovers as well, but that's a big outlay.

A friend said if I was doing sways I should also do springs, but my worry is that I'll end up stuck with a stiff ride that's good for the track but not good for my daily commute.

What do you all think? And thanks!
Appreciate 0