View Single Post
      01-19-2022, 02:28 AM   #34
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saejin View Post
Almost empty nesters here. Bought a fully loaded X7 M50i when both kids were still in the house last year. One moved out and the other drives his own X3 and seldom goes anywhere with us.

Well after a year we felt it was too much and wanted something smaller so we traded the X7 in.
As far as luxury, driving dynamics, capability, etc it was a great SUV. But we just didn’t need all the space. I do miss the power sometimes, but find our new smaller SUV is just as fun to drive.

Now, I made the mistake of driving a 2021 Porsche Cayenne Coupe GTS. Better than the X7 in every way but size of course. I plan to order one here in the next year. Just waiting for the refresh to happen.

I think you’ll love the X7. We enjoyed our time with ours.
Can you elaborate on all the ways in which the Cayenne GTS is better? I’ll tell you one way it’s not: Power and speed.
I imagine Porsche steering is more precise and body behavior is less oversteer, but that’s about it. I don’t think it wins on comfort, leather quality (excluding the individual trims) or infotainment system. That leaves design and feel, brand and price (which are almost all subjective). Reason I’m pressing is because I too was heavily considering the Cayenne again (I used to drive one) and aside from size could not find a justification for the underwhelming set of features and power at that price point. Frankly, I find getting an Alpina a much more nuanced choice at that price point of 150k instead of a Cayenne Turbo. And below that trim level it just appears to be a rip off for brand & design. Ie a comparably loaded Cayenne GTS will set you back 140k (comparing to an X7 M50i fully loaded at 115k). So for that money, I’d take the Alpina any time. Or take the M50i and use the remaining $35k for other fun things.

Last edited by Tr4ckD4ys; 01-19-2022 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
Al Pinã1839.50