View Single Post
      01-20-2022, 10:57 PM   #37
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Can you elaborate on all the ways in which the Cayenne GTS is better? I’ll tell you one way it’s not: Power and speed.
I imagine Porsche steering is more precise and body behavior is less oversteer, but that’s about it. I don’t think it wins on comfort, leather quality (excluding the individual trims) or infotainment system. That leaves design and feel, brand and price (which are almost all subjective). Reason I’m pressing is because I too was heavily considering the Cayenne again (I used to drive one) and aside from size could not find a justification for the underwhelming set of features and power at that price point. Frankly, I find getting an Alpina a much more nuanced choice at that price point of 150k instead of a Cayenne Turbo. And below that trim level it just appears to be a rip off for brand & design. Ie a comparably loaded Cayenne GTS will set you back 140k (comparing to an X7 M50i fully loaded at 115k). So for that money, I’d take the Alpina any time. Or take the M50i and use the remaining $35k for other fun things.
Obviously this is very subjective, but having owned and driven an X7 M50i and putting 20,000 miles on it I came away from a test drive of the Cayenne Coupe GTS with the impression that it was better.

Size - it’s the right size for me. I felt the X7 was a bit too large to feel very sporty although it does do a great job with DHP added

Power and speed - yes the X7 has more HP, but car and driver clocked the Cayenne 0-60 in 3.9 seconds / 1/4 mile in 12.5 and clocked the X7 0-60 in 4.1 seconds / 1/4 mile in 12.6.

Handling - I would feel much more confident with the Cayenne than an X7. Although it was only a test drive the Cayenne felt more planted, more composed, steering was razor sharp, and just felt like a more focused vehicle.

Looks - I like the cayenne better

Interior - yes subjective and I felt the Cayenne won out here with layout and the ability for customization. Refresh is coming for the Cayenne so need to wait and see. Also refresh is coming for the X7 as well.

So you can get a GTS for less than $140k, but that I found $140k gets you the best all around options. Is it worth $35k more than a fully loaded X7 M50i…well depends on the buyer and their needs.
Appreciate 1
Tr4ckD4ys388.50