06-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #11
mikeleeyh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtx450 View Post
Any muffler is technically called a "silencer". It's how the Germans roll.

Yeah, I have about 3k on the clock now. It seems to be as loud as it was when I first got the car. Others have reported it quieting down, but I didn't notice that.

I say if you are buying the car, hold out and wait for something better. Anything aftermarket will probably sound better and also be tons cheaper. If you are leasing, then it's hard to say. I'm doing some mods to my car, but all in the interest of selling those parts in 3 years when I give the car back. The MPE was installed at the port so it's residualized into the lease (I would never pay $1650 for an axle back!).
That makes sense. Mufflers are essentially the silencer of the car. Thanks for the heads up. Haha!

Your MPE def sounds like it was properly broken in. Other 340 drivers with the MPE didn’t sound as nice or loud, but could’ve been due to poor video quality.
I did finance my car so I’ll hold off for the MPPK. I am hoping for it to be available near my area in July.

I’ve thought about going aftermarket but I might just stick with MPPK so I don’t void my warranty for whatever reason.
You guys think a DP with the MPPK be obnoxiously loud?
Appreciate 0