View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 12:11 PM   #491
unotaz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 M50i

Here is my wife's X7 M50i, a few weeks after delivery. Her car is always parked out in the driveway, as my garages are full with my other toys.

1000 miles in, we are happy with this as our new family van. Fit and finish is pretty good, except one of the B&W tweeter grill in the headliner was installed off-centered. The parking sensor also doesn't activate at low speed, even though I had the feature turned on in iDrive.

Wireless carplay has worked like a charm without issue, except a few times where my phone was connected to another wifi network (eg. Spectrum free wifi) and I had to manually reconnect the phone in the iDrive phone setting screen.

I find the iDrive system to be unnecessary complicated and I had to program some of the features I wanted to use on the number buttons. I don't know why tire pressure monitor system needs to be hidden in the car setting where on other manufacturers it's easily available on the dash?

The B&W speaker system is vastly better than the standard HK system on the M50i, but compared to the other sound systems in my other cars (eg. JBL in my Lusso, Burmesters in my various Porsches), it's mediocre at best. Is it worth the $3400 upgrade? I think so simply because the speakers lights up and looks so cool at night time!
Attached Images

Last edited by unotaz; 02-20-2020 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0