View Single Post
      10-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #58
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
I think it should be noted that harmful strains of E. coli are much more prevalent now because of the way factory farmed cows are produced. Research has shown that diet has a significant impact on gut flora, and grain fed cows tend to have higher concentrations of harmful acid resistant E. coli.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19351974

I have nothing against GMOs as a technology, but Monsanto does have a track record of unethical and irresponsible business practices. The appeal of GMOs and their benefits are degraded when their ambassador is so corrupt. Underhandedly flooding the market with GMO seeds without consumer knowledge was not the right way to introduce a technology with real merits. This is what started the fear of GMOs, and it can only be alleviated through transparency.

Our outdated food policy also heavily subsidizes corn and soybeans, which makes our messed up food production system artificially cheap. This mostly benefits big ag who is already earning the most money. Remove the subsidies, and let the free market work itself out.

Last edited by i dunno; 10-17-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Appreciate 0