View Single Post
      04-02-2020, 06:29 PM   #6
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

This exactly why I will NEVER put run flat tires on any of my vehicles!

As far as I'm concerned the only reason they even exist is because these cheap ass manufacturers don't want to provide a "REAL" spare tire. A real spare tire will reduce their freaking precious "nth" of a mile per gallon statistics.

This all started many years ago when auto manufactures introduced the mini spare. Another "Epic Fail" just to save a freaking dime. Unfortunately, BMW and most of the other auto manufactures have resorted to mini spares only or no damn spare at all!

Fortunately for me I still drive my Toyota Avalon which has a full size spare tire with the exact same aluminum wheel that's on the rest of the tires. And guess how many times I've had to use that spare tire? At least 4 times! I am very thankful that my Avalon has that full size spare.

I'm old school and can change a tire myself. For those that can't just call AAA or whomever you use for road side assistance and they come right out and change it for you. Then you're on your way driving full speed ahead until you get to a place where you can have the tire repaired.

Not so with today's vehicles. If you get a flat or your run flat can't be driven on any more your only option is have your car towed somewhere where you get to buy a new tire.

Rant Off!
Appreciate 0