2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK upgrade of idrive to CIC Professional incl. Combox

05-05-2024, 07:19 AM   #1
dennis3258
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D

Garage List
upgrade of idrive to CIC Professional incl. Combox

After the question I had about the issues I have with the cd/radio unit, I decided to look in to an upgrade of the system which is in my car at the moment.
The system in the car at the moment is an Alpine system with parts no 9232010.
I have an offer on a Harman Becker CIC Professional system with part number 9257008.
This is including wide screen and comes all from the same car, F10 from 2011.
I have a couple questions about installation.
The questions are concerning the USB/AUX in the armrest, as far as I understand that is called 6FL in the cars option list.
Also in the option list by the way is the cade 644 included, Prep. For. Mob. Ph. Bluet. Interf.
Would this need to be changed or would this be plug and play and be able to have music from an USB stick, for would I need to connect a USB stick mounted in the glove compartment.
As reading about all the available options, I also came across the Combox option, and got confused and would like to have some good advise on what Combox I would need to buy.
I already found out that the Telematic would be the correct Combox but more about which actual part no and why.
I already understand that concerning navigation it would need to have some coding.
The cable connections which are connecting the Alpine are identical to the "new" system, therefore the question if the USB/AUX would be plug ad play, I might be wrong of course.
Anybody can give me some info please?
Appreciate 0