F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > After EGR delete (codes and faults)
proTUNING Freaks

03-31-2023, 12:14 PM   #1
Daveyvtec
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318 M Sport

After EGR delete (codes and faults)

Hi all. Looking for some information.

I had my EGR deleted yesterday. Today the car threw the code

27F000
Charge air hose monitoring in idle mode:
Charge air hose dropped out

Is this a result of the EGR delete or another issue? I’ve never seen this code.

I’ve also got

Exhaust gas temperature sensor before catalyst, signal: signal too high
I’ve had that code before the EGR delete

Anyone know how to address these codes? Or any helpful advice. Thanks

Last edited by Daveyvtec; 03-31-2023 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 03:58 PM   #2
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

How was the EGR deleted ?

Software (ECU remap) ?
Physical removal but no remap ?
Just blanked-off ?
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 04:05 PM   #3
Daveyvtec
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for your reply man. So the car was remapped first last year. Then the EGR was deleted yesterday by the same tuner that remapped the car. They were done separately. The EGR is effectively electronically closed and programmed out but the valve and cooler are still in situ. The car isn’t running rough or anything but it did go to limp when I hammered it. That’s been an ongoing issue. It gives an exhaust gas temperature fault 258400. I solve it by turning the car off and on again. The EGR was throwing the 290900 error every few days which is why I decided to map it out. The 27F000 error only came today.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 05:05 PM   #4
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Have you tried any data logging ? I find OBDFusion useful for live readings and data.

EGT temperature warnings should not be ignored and starting with some data will allow you to form a first understanding of whether the warning and code are genuine.

The fact that you’re getting st least three error codes since the EFR was ECU closed and deleted suggests to me that the coding has not been performed correctly.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 05:15 PM   #5
Daveyvtec
Enlisted Member
Rep

I’ll try that app but to be perfectly honest, I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking for within these values. Maybe you’d be able to advise me on this, if you wouldn’t mind. I use BimmerLink with a Veepeak adaptor. Maybe that’s not enough.

I’m terms of the faults, I’m gonna try clean and/or replace the EGT sensor and systematically work my way through the faults to make sure it’s not a bad map. They seem to based around airflow. The guy that did it has a good reputation and is pretty knowledgeable so I don’t have any reason to immediately blame the map. My main issue at the moment is the 27F000 error. When I saw it, I thought I’d blown the charge pipe off or something. I’ve never seen the error so I’m trying to get some clarification on what it means or where exactly to look or start looking for a potential fault. I know that in some cases a simple remove and clean or replace is enough.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 06:17 PM   #6
Enabled
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition

If it started right after the tune, then it's very likely due to the tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 06:30 AM   #7
tj_g
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyvtec View Post
Thanks for your reply man. So the car was remapped first last year. Then the EGR was deleted yesterday by the same tuner that remapped the car. They were done separately. The EGR is effectively electronically closed and programmed out but the valve and cooler are still in situ. The car isn’t running rough or anything but it did go to limp when I hammered it. That’s been an ongoing issue. It gives an exhaust gas temperature fault 258400. I solve it by turning the car off and on again. The EGR was throwing the 290900 error every few days which is why I decided to map it out. The 27F000 error only came today.
Daveyvtec

Wondered if you ever got to the bottom of this?

I've not had a DPF delete, but I do have the 258400 error since getting my Stg1 ECU remap done. It's been ongoing for a few years now and never got to the bottom of it.

99% of the time it's not an issue - everything works fine, but when I boot it and use a higher rev range, it goes into a semi-limp mode (limits power to about 200BHP but drives normally). Turning off and on again works (I didn't have to call IT helpdesk for that one).

I'm guessing it must be down to a faulty sensor somewhere on the exhaust but haven't gone any further than that.

258400 Exhaust temperature sensor upstream of the oxidation catalytic converter, signal: too high

Any help appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 08:03 AM   #8
Walrad
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d F30

I have had problems with my EGR, although I replaced it not too long ago. The car has shown codes 255b00,272e00 and 272f00. I will disable the EGR next week and remove the DPF. I hope the codes go away, something should happen if you remove the EGR from the ECU. I would have contacted the tuner. Otherwise, you can physically remove the EGR and the cooler. Which should not have been necessary after removing the EGR from the ecu.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 01:03 PM   #9
barf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330D

It's a problem with a bad tune tj_g. There is no need to replace any sensors. I won't go into details because there is nothing you can do about it, it's the responsiblity of the tuner.
Appreciate 0