R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-08-2021, 08:06 PM   #1
m4g
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Front wheel Clunking sound / feeling

I've been chasing this issue for months since I've owned the car , not sure what the issue is but I have been experiencing a clunking feeling and noise coming from the front drivers side wheel
The wheel shakes when turning and riding the brakes as well as the steering wheel at speeds above 40 and sometimes even when braking going straight
The clunk happens over almost every road imperfection especially more noticeable at lower speeds around the city. You can even feel it under the dead pedal when my foot is resting on it it will feel like it's rattling or something is knocking below as if it's loose

So far I've changed the Wheel Hub assembly , tie rods , steering rack , springs , and even swapped over to coils assuming maybe the strut was bad and nothing has helped so far any input would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 08:15 PM   #2
Yessir
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1637057

You're welcome 😄
Appreciate 0